Monday, October 19, 2015

Chapter 49: Conversation Above the Tree

"Seriously, if you keep skipping class, I'm really afraid you might not make it at the end of the year."
            It wasn't long after Claudia went off to meet Prof. Dalton. The words Dale said was the same as any other word people said to him. Rick kept himself lie on the branch of the big tree at the back of the elementary school. It was the biggest tree in school that you would probably could see from any side of the institution. Rick covered himself with the hood of his jacket, pretending to sleep. He then heard the unnatural rustle of the leaves and when he peek, he found Dale sitting beside him. 
            "You climb up fast"
            "Three things I'm physically good at is running, climbing, and hiding" 
            "Sounds like you're good at being a coward"
            "I like it better if you say I'm good at evasive maneuver." 
            Dale made a smug look at Rick which made him snickered. They were both silent then, each lost of their own thoughts. "Rick, as I thought, your powers didn't work on her as well?"
            "It's not like I will know what her power is even if I used it on her, but I do know if it had work on her." 
            "I see....." Dale looked as if he was in a trance, eyes that lost focus as his mind swam deep in his own thoughts. 
             Rick raised an eyebrow looking at his friend, noticing his unusual act. "It's rare to see you hold back, usually your mouth would run off as you like without regarding who you're talking." Rick said, pointing out his unusual silence. 
            "I do know restraint sometimes, it's just.....it's also rare for you to be eager at this task. Usually you would complain at every chance you got."
            His tone didn't had the know-it-all tone he always used on people, but rather a suspicion tone was mixed in it. Dale who had a cheery expression began to drop his usual smile and turned to a serious expression he rarely made. "As lazy and lay back as you are, you never go against Prof. Dalton, we owe him a lot or we wouldn't be able to lay back like this."
            "What are you trying to say Dale?"
           "Rick, I've been thinking that she's not normal. Whenever I look into her eyes, how she sees people as if they were different from her, and the way she talks is not how a child would talk."
            "Get to the point Dale!" Rick began to raise his voice in irritation, knowing where this is going. 
            "I don't have anything against her, but if, and only if she has an ability, an ability different from ours and if she brings nothing good with it around her, my ability wouldn't be able to do anything to her and you know what we....no, you'll get order next."
           "Aren't you reading too much of the situation?"
          "I wouldn't be if what happen to your sister never happened!"

             Suddenly in all around them, the leaves all had unattached themselves from the branches as if an invisible force blow them out and was shredded to pieces. "Don't bring up my sister to this!" Another force came out from him like a wind that pushes anything to its surrounding and it was getting violent. 
            Dale who was about to fall from the tree held out his hand toward his head and the mysterious force stops. Rick looked at him angrily and Dale looked just as angry. "Don't forget I could take away your power anytime I want."
            "Tch, as usual you have a high guard on you" 
            "Don't forget this power is the reason I was task to watch over you." 
           "I could never forget even if I try, with that creepy ability of yours."
            "If my ability is creepy, then your ability is a cheat." 
            "Aren't we perfect for each other?" After a moment of tension, the two boys then laugh at each other as if nothing ever happen. They took a breath from laughing, Dale made a grim look before he asked him, "Rick, I'm just worried in my own way whenever I see you act closer toward her since I'm the type that likes to foresee the worst possible outcomes."
            "I know, that's why you don't have any real friends other than me with that mindset of yours."
            "Ugh, you struck where it hurts." 
            "Well, it was also why you could save my life so you don't need to change much. Just that.....I think you should consider your view on her."
            "Do you trust her that much?"
            "Rather than trust, I just understood her personality."
            "That is......?"
            Rick thought for a moment before cough when holding back his laughter, remembering the days he had observe her. "An arrogant brat who has a good head on her shoulder." he answered with  smile, "that's why she'll be fine."
         

<<<PREVIOUS CHAPTER                                     NEXT CHAPTER>>>

11 comments:

  1. -It wasn't long after Claudia went off to meet Prof. Dale.
    Prof. Dalton

    Thanks for the chapters!!!
    I pace my self as to not overload.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always thank you for pointing out typo, what do i do without you?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You're welcome, didn't expect another chapter after the last one right ;)

      Delete
    2. you are right, i didn't expect that :D

      Delete
  3. I have run out of comments for today so emmm how is it going? School/university/job, life, health something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, did you know that my college has a system where you take your midterm and finals on saturday? in other words.....no weekend, and it's like this until December, feel free to laugh along with me as I face this college life

      Delete
    2. Dont worry i will laugh with all my body in soul for your misfortune thank you for the entertainment

      Delete
  4. Thank u always for ur great work...
    ^^...

    ReplyDelete