Sunday, October 18, 2015

Chapter 47: Wordless Magic

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
            I had a long mumble as I coop up in my room. If anyone ask if I want to stay at the institution then yes, I do. Now I'm mumbling on how I'm going to do that. All my spells uses magic circle and chants, unlike esper that uses their ability freely without much constriction, people will find out I'm different. That will give birth all sorts of trouble. 
            However, without any magic circle or chants, there's no way I could use variety of spells of the same kind. Ugh, right now I could feel how complicated being a magician is than being an esper. 
            Even if I try, there's no way to use magic without a circle or chants. The reason being magic needs communication. We're not just using the power of ourself but the power of the universe itself. One cannot borrow another's power without communication. 
            "Claudia, it's dinner, come out now"
           "Yes mother"
            This whole time I had my head hang up side down at the edge of the bed, I let myself fall sideways and stretched as  I came out of the room.

#

"Just this evening, a great storm had hit in New York, pushing down 4 trees and crushing 18 cars in the process, luckily there were no reports of any death reports this time."
           Hearing the news, I looked at the window where the rushed water  rain seems not to only hit my area, but at least we didn't get a storm. As usual we ate dinner with the news on, other than mom, the rest were barely listening to it as we talk among ourselves. 
           It made me wonder how she could listen with no problem considering how noisy the table was. "Does mother knows how to lip read?"  
            It was a question that I asked to myself but mother had notice the question I utter. "No I can't, but I do can read sign language." When she said that, I notice the news channel was different than usual, and there at the corner of the tv, there was a man who gave out sign language as the news anchor talk. 
            Seeing it, it reminded me of how different the times was. At my time, we barely could communicate with deaf people, let alone for them getting a job. Now it's not weird to have a sexy deaf model at the front of your magazine. 
            "Oh my God, why didn't I think of this before?" I said out loud, pulling attention to myself from my family. 
           That's it, I thought of it before but I had completely forgotten. Another way to achieve a world-less magic. A way to communicate with the universe without words. 
            It is said even though God gave humans their first language, humans develop their own words, which started as paintings and symbols. You might even say words are just the visual form of language. That doesn't mean it has to be words! It could be signals, symbol, or maybe even music. 
           My parents and sister doesn't seem to flinch with me acting loudly again all of a sudden, they must have gotten used to my weird side. 
      
#

Midnight, It was the time of my domain, and the time where my magic could run rampant, and it's time for Magic Designing 101. 
             First lesson about magic designing is what do you want your magic to do. In this case, I'm still thinking about it. 
            Second is to know the elements your magic needs. Either it's ingredient for alchemy or the kind of nature element it needs.   
            Third, arranging the words needed to conjure magic and imagining the desired phenomenon happening. 
            Very simple right?
            Said no one, ever. 
            Not many magicians could make a whole new concept of magic and would usually just make it similar as the precedent magic. Even all the new magic I made completely from modern science can be count by hand, that's just how hard to perfect it. 
          Since there is still time before I graduate third grade. I'll use that time effectively for completing my new magic. My face was beaming with excitement like one just finding a new toy to play with, but it turned serious the next minute when I thought what kind of magic I'm thinking to make. 
            For starters, I should make a simple kind of magic. Nothing will go wrong from that so I start with one of the basic magic; mana pulse. It's no different on using a tracker. Mana pulse are differentiated into Life Mana Pulse and Radical Mana Pulse. The later ables one to capture the topography of the surrounding area and the former to detect  signs of life in the surrounding area. A spell all magician could use and the basic of the basic of all magic spells. Just so you know, I've completed another branch of this spell, I call it X Sense Mana Pulse, a name I derived from X ray because of the ability to imagine the internal structure in humans, save lock,  and even buildings in a detailed mannered. I'll surely be able to become a great doctor or thief with this kind of spell in hand. (I can't help it of I don't have a good naming sense okay!)
           Back to the problem in hand, after seeing I had interest in hand signs, she gave me a book on how to learn it, complete with CD. There were all basic sign language but it was more than enough.  I skim on the book to look for the right word. I chance upon the word 'scan' and thought this might be the perfect word for X Sense. 
          "All right let's try it."
            I took a deep breath and tried containing my mana inside my two small hands. I raised two of my fingers and the moment I conjured the sign, I unleashed the mana along with it. 
             The results..........




               Nothing. 
            I didn't stop just there and try it again and again, I even tried different words but there was no result. Not even a flicker, just my mana getting wasted. "Was it impossible from the start?" A great disappointment surge in me, it has been a long time since I experienced failure in magic after I got reborn, so this nostalgic feeling really get me down. 
            "No, not yet, there has to be a way!" I continued experimenting until dawn almost break, it was a night of failure. 
         



<<<PREVIOUS CHAPTER                                                 NEXT CHAPTER>>>
           

6 comments:

  1. first!!! i think. anyway thank for the chapter!!!!!!XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats you're first, thanks for always reading it :D

      Delete
  2. It's a bad thing when a family no longer reacts when one of them acts weird LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. don't most family has that one weird kid they rather ignore LOL

      Delete
  4. Thank u always for ur great work...
    ^^...

    Yup, every family has one that have special quirk that usually ignored...
    XD...

    ReplyDelete