Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Chapter 46: Another Everyday Life

Four months had passed since both Lora and Eric passed aw.....I mean move away. 
            We had celebrated together at my house as a farewell party on our last day together. The party was a blast and while we enjoy it, the memory itself became something really precious. What I hadn't expect was how close Lora and Eric was. Well, if you look how they fight about very little thing like which food should they eat first, the shows we should watch, or whether to play cards or jenga, you wouldn't be at the same opinion of me. I never expected for them to be the type to fight easily, but I wasn't worried for some reason. In fact, compared to before, it felt like there were no wall holding them back against each other anymore, I wonder if it's just me?
            Oh, did I mention we brought fireworks? it was the first time I played a small fireworks and witness big one on close range. You could imagine how excited I was, probably the most childish there, even though mentally I'm be the oldest. 
            When it came to Eric's final day, a lot of his classmates and former one brought goods to remember him by, I on the other hand gave both Lora and Eric a charm. I mean not just a charm you could find at a cheap shop, but real charms with real magic. It's not something special though, just that if you ever get into a  dangerous situation, the charm will let out a force field. 
             If you think along the line 'what kind of danger would they need to be to activate a force field, they're still kids, you're exaggerating.' Well then, you should talk to the kidnapper Jacob and that dirty politician Jason. I'm sure they don't involve kids into their killing life. 
            Rather, why is my life prone to danger? I've asked it again, is someone messing with me here? Because I really want a peaceful life. 
            Anyway, you might be wondering what I'm doing now. At first I though I would lead a peaceful boring life now that I'm on my own in and out of class. Sadly Life has other agenda for me. 
            "Hey are you listening, I'm talking to you right now!"
             "Actually no, not really, I couldn't care less over a girl and her cronies trying to teach a very useless lesson which I'm not even sure what it's about."
            "You #%@&ing £|*$h" 
             Woah...someone needs to wash her mouth. Where do kids these days learn that language? Or does she think she's more intimidating if she said words like that. Although I know she's a child, I got to say, how childish can she be?!
            Anyway, in what situation you may want to ask, is that bullies that were on low profile began to pop out. One of the reason; actually the main reason is that Lora move away. Some might have remembered, but Lora is a prodigy among prodigies. Her potential is big so she has high respect from kids of my age, and because she's so close to me, indirectly she has kept the bullies who didn't like a powerless girl like me learning at the institution. However, now that she's gone, no one could hold them back now. There wasn't anything at first, but what trigger them was after the midterm test. Once you're third grade, the school will post the 50 best score out of all the whole class in my year at the institution. You might have guess but I got the top spot, and of course those who have great amount of pride wouldn't let slide a powerless girl rank at the top of those they claim 'chosen ones'
            That's why I'm facing one of the many people that tried to 'put me in place'
            "You.....do you know what situation you're in?" 
            "Oh I'm perfectly aware, I'm just wondering how girl dressed up like barbie dolls could possibly do to me" 
            The other cronies was about to take a hit on me, but the leader, Ella, stop them. "You know Claudia, my goal is to one day be on Class 5, the class where the elites go. I'm sure you're curious how I practice my abilities Claudia" 
            So, you want to make the excuse of showing your ability because I asked for it. Clever. Not clever enough though. Ella looked straight into my eyes and I felt something within me changing, my spine suddenly sent shivers throughout my back, my heart was beating rapidly without reason, and my breathing had an erratic rhythm. There was a sensation of bugs that was crawling up on from my feet, the scorching feeling of heat hitting my back, but none of those things were present. I clearly felt what was present yet nothing was there. My heart felt something was crushing it and my throat felt dry from the horrible sensation. I crouched at the ground, holding my knee while looking miserable as I gave out a sound of me crying.
             Ella and her friends laugh, looking at me in pain. "Serves you right for messing with me!" she said in daunt. She tried to take a closer look at myself, and when she did. I turned my face toward her with a smug look and punch her in the face. She was so surprised that she feel backward while crying in pain, I didn't even hit her that hard.
            "Do you really think, your ability could scare me?" 
             Is what I said, but her powers was certainly interesting. I had a vague guess, but probably she has the ability to induce emotion on her target, for me she had stimulate the 'fear' emotion in me and weaken me mentally. It's still far from perfect, but when she said she wanted to be a part of Class 5, she was serious.
            "Do you think I'm not afraid to punch people?" 
            "YOU! Do you realize what you've done? I'll tell the teacher for this!" 
            "Fine, but then you will also have to expose that you were confronting someone with two of your friends and your bracelet also recorded you using your ability. Now imagine if we both tell our stories, do you think they'll believe a powerless girl going after three espers on her own and you use your ability to protect yourself? No, they won't, and I'll get left off as self defense and will only be given a warning, but you! You will be given much more than that." 
            The three girls only look at me weirdly and had their mouth gaping, "Now scrammed!" The three did what I told and was gone a moment later. I'm sure you notice that I've been punching people a lot. If you ask if I was always been a violent girl then you have no idea. 
            At my past life, before I even learn about magic, Master had gave me a strict drilling on getting my body in to shape by teaching me ancient martial arts. It took me roughly 2 years to master it at some degree before he could teach me magic outside of the basic and fundamental ones.  Telling me over and over if one can not protect ones body, a magician would just be a sitting duck if out of mana. 
           Even now in this life, I took my idle time strengthening my body as it's also makes me healthier as well. I'm still not as good as I was since I work out leisurely, but it was enough to protect myself. It's not like I'm going to encounter a life and death situation. My luck shouldn't be that bad right?
            There was a sudden burst of laughter and when I turned, I found Rick laughing his guts off. "You....you actually....you actually punch her.....without hesitation.....oh that is hilarious." 
            Rick might not notice because he was crouching on the ground, holding his stomach, but I was giving him a suspicious look. It was by the time after Eric transfer out, he an Dale suddenly became a lot closer than usual. They were acting natural but I did notice their presence at the corner of my eyes. As if they're watching me......or watching over me.  Judging how Rick easily showed himself, he might have coincidentally been here.  
            "Thanks for not helping me."
            "I'm glad I didn't, you can take care of yourself I see. Though if you didn't, I would have asked if you need any help." 
            "Then thanks for not asking."
            There was an obvious sarcastic tone in my voice, yet Ricks eyes still has lingering laughter in it. I would sometimes ask hintly what his hidden agenda was, only to dodge or shrug it off. God, I want to touch his head and read his memories to know what's going on, but given the height difference, it's quite hard. 
            "Class is going to start in 3 minutes, are you sure it's okay for you not to hurry of?" 
            "You're not in a hurry"
            "Don't worry, I'm a genius, I can learn without studying."
            He said that flatly as if it was a fact. Even though he sounded arrogant, his impression didn't seem like that at all. "Today, I see your shadow isn't with you" Rick reacted to my words and look behind and turned again after understanding what I meant. 
            "You mean Dale? You know he has things called life you know, he's not going to be beside me everyday." 
            "I see"
            I gave a skeptical look and then walked away toward my class. Not knowing my days were getting more complicated.

#

My everyday life was going toward a major cross road. It started when out of the blue, the principal had call me to his office. The fact began to spread along with the rumors. Whenever my name is mentioned, they would always talk about me. 
           The more they talk, the more I got anxious of what's going to happen to me, because I have a strong feeling, he isn't going to give me a good news. I took a deep breath before I knock at the door and opened it. It was a long time since I first got inside since the ESP test. The old man looked the same as well. His eyes were mostly covered by his thick eyebrows, and his mouth hidden by his mustache. However, I could see the patient and humble expression that gave me ease. 
           "Sit down Claudia"
            I took on his offer and sat without saying a word. He offered me a candy and I took it. Once I did, he started talking. 
           "Claudia, how long have you been in the institution?"
            "Almost 3 years sir"
            "Do you enjoy being here?"
            "Very much"
            "I heard your two best friends had move away though, are you really alright? Nothing happen to you that will make you uncomfortable right?" 
            "Nothing happen that could make you worry Sir, I promise you that"
            The principal nodded as if satisfy and a curve smile was seen. He might have heard how I was being bullied so he came to make sure I was doing fine. What a responsible adult. 
            "Now let's get to the main topic shall we?"
            Huh? That's not why we're here?
            "Claudia, I'm afraid I have some bad news to you, honestly I want to talk with one of your parents but you are smart and mature girl for your age Claudia, I'm sure you understand."
             "What do you mean?" My words were half choked as I tried to calm myself but instead, my heart began to beat rapidly. 
            "You see the board had seen your case as peculiar so they had let you off at the institution, but three years has passed since then, and they don't think you belong there anymore, which mean...."
            "As long as I don't show signs of having an ability, then I would be transferred to the academy instead right?" 
           The principal wore a poker face and nodded slightly. Honestly, somewhere in my heart, I thought something like this might happen, but since I didn't think of it much. It made a bigger hit than I thought it would.
           "How much longer do I have?" 
           "By the time of the Exam."
            Which mean, if I showed no ability, I'll be in the academy in my fourth grade. There still time, but with me going against the wall it felt shorter. 
           "If that is all you have to say then I hope you will excuse me Principal, thank you for telling me this I.....I'll prepare myself." After giving him my greetings, I walked out of the room, I look to my sides and said, "Dale, you can come out, I know you're there" 
            Coming out of behind the pillar, Dale awkwardly came out. "How do you know?" 
            "A hunch"
            "What a scary accurate hunch"
             Of course, since you've been watching me, I had a feeling your eavesdropping habit wouldn't let this chance get away of something interesting, is what I thought. "So what are you going to do? Not only will you get kick out of the institution, but people will then believe you were a phony who trick her way in to the institution"
            "Is that what people think of me?"
            "Not all, but some" 
           I made a huge sigh just thinking about it, I honestly don't know exactly what I should do. Even if I used magic to prove I have ability, it'll just makes things complicated when they question me why it was deem unknown power if I just use a common ability. That's why to stay in this institution, I need to show them a power they never seen nor comprehend yet within the scope of their understanding. A power only I could wield. 
            "Wow, you're thinking really hard." 
            I turn to my side and realize he was less than an inch away from my face. I could see his blond eyelashes, and brown eyes that reflected my reflection, the smell of his mint breath, and the pore of his skin. I back off with a yelp. 
            Seeing my reaction, Dale made a good laughed at me. God, to be laughed by two men two days straight in a row. How humiliating. "Well, personally I'm sure you have an ability, so I'm really hoping you could stay here since you're interesting." 
            "Even if I stay, I'm not here to amuse you Dale!" 
            Dale raise his hands after seeing me angry and tried to calm me down. "Hey I'm sorry, I was only joking, look, I'm going to class now so see ya" 
            He then left off just like that. Really though, It's not like I hate him, but I really don't stand him because of how much he obviously hides things from people. 
            If only he would tell me what exactly going on with him and Rick. Thinking there's no use of thinking an answer I couldn't get, I went back yo class as well with many lingering thoughts.
#
"As I thought, the board has come to that decision." Dalton rest his head on his hand thinking of what he should do next. There were too many irregularities surrounding Claudia, it's one reason why he was hesitating letting Claudia used her ability when he didn't know what it was. However his biggest reason was....
            "I know I've asked you before Dale, but are you sure?"
            "Positive, even I don't believe it myself, but I'm sure you know my ability Sir, that's why I can tell you, Claudia is NOT an esper." 
            Dale was just as confuse as Me. Dalton was. Dale's ability let's him recognize whether a person is an esper or just a normal person. Although he couldn't sense an esper's ability, he did felt something unique within her. A whole new ability no one knows. It could make one wonder but also fear as well. However, even with that. 
           "You don't need to worry so much Sir"
            "Why do you say that?" 
            "Because I believe in Claudia, whatever the path she choose, or whatever the kind of power she has. She will not let herself be subjected at the whims of people that easily. At least I know, just like Rick, she's stronger than me. Besides if anything happen, we'll be there for her, isn't that what you request?"
            "I'm surprised you accept it that easily though" 
            "Well, Claudia is a friend after all, and there's no way we reject your request after the help you did to us."
            "I can't help you all the way though" 
            While Dalton hang his head in shame, Dale had a smile on him. The kind not that he usually showed whenever he played the fool, but the kind he showed toward the people he trust. 
            "Anyway, I said we should believe in her but what do you want to do? Since she's not an esper, I doubt my power works on her."
            "No, I'll take your advice so we'll wait and see, I just hope my hunch is wrong and her power doesn't make a big of a deal" 
            I highly doubt that, is what Dale had thought then but kept his thought to himself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since tomorrow is a holiday for me, I give you a quadruple chapter this week

<<<PREVIOUS CHAPTER                                                    NEXT CHAPTER>>>

11 comments:

  1. wow, a quadruple chapter?!!!! thank you very much!!! and thank for the chapter XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. QUAFTUPLE CHAPTER MOTHERFUCKING BITCH I FUCKING LOVE YOU BE MY WIFE(Please ignore the above since i get really excited and lose my mind)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 Chap -> Dying
      4 chap -> Hyperactivly crazy

      I'm very much afraid to know what will happen if I post 5 chapters in a week

      Delete
    2. I tried, couldn't made it on time, but hey it's a triple chapter this week again

      Delete
  3. -As long as I don't show signs of having an ability, then I would be put at the academy instead right?
    I'm guessing you meant expelled, but there are more gentler or polite words which for some reason I can't think of right now.
    -She will not let herself be subjected at the wimps of people that easily.
    whims

    I've been busy this week, and when I checked... 4 chapters?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not complaining, just surprised. Too much of a good thing is bad for you. Look at LKA.X.

      Delete
    2. No not expelled, the school has an institution and academy. The institution is not only a place to learn but mostly for researching and growing the ability an esper has. While the academy is the place where normal kids learn, it is a separate buildings but the chairman is the same, also the material learn for an esper are different so it'd would only hold them back to learn the same place as the normal kids. I want to explain for public schools there are public institution with different system, but you'll have to wait in the future chapter for me to explain.

      Delete
    3. Maybe instead of put at it should be transfered.

      Delete
  4. Thank u always for ur great work...
    ^^...

    Another interesting thing waiting...
    :3...

    ReplyDelete