Monday, October 5, 2015

Chapter 41: The Headless Truth

"Claudia, I've been wondering, how did you get to know all that?"
           There was a long pause when she asked that to me, I looked calm but honestly I felt panic rushing through me, "I have my ways" I said, quickly shrugging it off. She looked at me dubiously, but she didn't push the subject any further. 
            There's no way I could tell her how I actually find my source of information. I had found out about Mr. Omala killing Loranne's father from the deleted footage Zilla managed to retrieve of him getting to the hotel and his room at the fourth floor. The fact it was deleted made it certain he made one of the staff deleted it to erase any proof of his visit there. There's also what Zilla happened to found how Lora's fingerprints were different from what was recorded in the hospital. All the other stuff was also Zilla's founding, I never would have thought her abilities would be this useful, almost to the point of cheating. 
            Another thing about spirit is that the one you summon to give a name would either be strong or weak, it depends on our own ability and affinity, but it mostly depends on luck. Just like trying to get a jackpot on a lottery. 
            "Then it's fine if you say so, but one more thing, what do you intend to get from her." Lora pointed out the skeleton lying inside the sleeping bag with its face peeking out. Once more, I was back at the dark room which was supposed to be Lora's, technically this was supposed to be Loranne's room and it still is. The dark energy surrounding it, was as usual, made the back of my neck tingle. I'm already used to it though after spending my days with Ms. Hutslesky. 
            There wasn't much of a reason why I asked her to let me in here, if I had to say it, it'd be because I wanted to pray for her. The girl who unfortunately was caught by misfortune, without being able to enjoy her life to the fullest, I thought I should pray for her to have a next life worth living. 
            There's also another reason, that is because I don't feel it's the end. Just call it a hunch, and my hunch are usually right, but there was something amiss that I had overlook. I thought I might realize what it is if I take another look at the skeleton, but still nothing comes to mind. 
           "Maybe I should take a closer look"
           When I tried touching it, Lora hold on to my hand, hard enough for me to winch. "Don't touch her!" She said with a stern tone she never used on me before. It shook me the way she looked at me angrily, a face she also never used before on me. "To mom, her dead body is the sole thing that calms her, if you recklessly touch it, then I won't forgive even you Claudia!" 
            I tried to pull my hand away but her grip was stronger than I first thought. "Okay, I get it, you can let go of me!" I said that, but when she loosened her grip, the hand I put too much force swings away and flap against the skeleton's head, which unfortunately....made it detached itself. 
            Lora and I had our mouth gasped as we watch the head rolled away toward the edge of the room. Once it stop rolling with its face facing us, together we then scream.

            Now, in a situation where you accidentally break off a corpse head, anyone would freak out, including me. It wasn't intentional, but I'm feeling an extreme guilt right now. 
            After the scream, silent then accompany the room. We weren't sure what to do, that's why I held the head and looked at Lora with a serious glint in my eyes. 
            "Lora, do you have a super glue?"
            Not a very good plan if you ask me, but I can't help it, I panicked and so did Lora, because she answered, "I don't, but the convenience store just a block away from here should have one" with partially desperate tone. 
            However, when I held the skeleton's head in my hand, I felt there was some thing jiggling inside it. I tried shaking it and surely there was something inside, and whatever it is came out of its mouth and landed at the palm of my hand. 
           That thing was a memory card. 
           Now anyone would be curious why there was a memory card inside a dead person's head. Lora walk toward my side, looking at the same thing as me curiously. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" 
             There was no need for her to say that, I had took out my phone and swiftly switch the memory card inside with the one I had. I was dubious if it could still be read, but my worries was groundless in the end. 
             I search through the recorded voice calls, hoping to find what I hope to find. 
            Inside the file, there was only one recording existed, and the date was as I had expected, the date of Gregory's death. The two of us looked at each other then looked at the phone nervously. I gulped and press the play button. 
            "Huh, did I just push something?"
            ".....darling what did you push just now?"
            "Hmm, I'm not sure what I press, but since nothing happened, I guess I'm just mistaken daddy" 
           At the start of the recording, there were two voices, one was an unfamiliar man's voice, there was a hint of kindness and warmth, a loving deep voice you would want anyone to point it out to you. The other voice was mysteriously familiar to me, even though I barely heard her voice, but instantly I remembered the voice from the one called Corner Girl. She had lively voice that showed how much she miss her father. 
            However, after hearing this recording, I realized that I had a huge misunderstanding. We both continues to listen. 
             "Hmm, sorry sweety, but a guest came, talk to you later."
             "Wait daddy........, daddy?"
             "It's nice for you to come Jason, how long has it been I wonder that we've talk privately like this?"
            "Don't you go feeling all nostalgic Greg, what do you want with me?"
            "..........I'm sure you know why."
            "Kh, you....so the one that's been digging me is you, I should have known when I'm aware most of your stupid sense of justice"
            "Call it whatever you want, but I only think of this as part of my responsibility. That's why, I only ask of you of one thing, give yourself up"
            There was silent from the recording that made me thought it had stop, but then a laughter rupture within it.
           "Fool, do you think I would stop after coming this far? You should know me better than this!"
            "Because it's over which ever you go that I'm asking you this, I've collected enough proof to put you away, but as your friend I still want to give you a chance"
             "A friend you say? Hah! A friend wouldn't have stolen my woman for himself!"
              "You're the one who cast her aside when she needed you the most, It doesn't matter if she had your child, I had decided to take care of her when I ask for her hand!"
            "Ha, I knew you always have love her, but to think you went as far as to marry that used good for nothing bi–"
            A loud thud was heard that cut him off, it would seem Loranne's farther had hit him hard, even I was on the verge to throw my phone hearing his arrogant tone. 
            "I'll give you one last chance Jason, give yourself up or I'll reveal everything myself." 
            The conversation stop at that point between them, but later, a faint scream was heard before long. Only the sound of footsteps remain but even that stop. The crackle sound of the phone being moved then his voice was heard. 
            "Is anyone there?"
            "Mister, where did daddy go?" 
            The silent followed after was probably him being surprised, but I wonder why I could imagine the smirk on his face when he said the next line. "Do you want to meet daddy?" 
            "Yeah, I miss him since he's rarely home." 
            "Don't worry, mister will make sure to take you to him"
            There was still a few minutes before the recording ends but since I thought there was no longer need to hear the rest. 
            "Lora, do you want to save your mother?" 
            Lora wasn't sure what I meant, but she said yes immediately with a firm voice. "Then listen well what I'm about to tell you, because perhaps the only one who can help her is you." 
          
<<<PREVIOUS CHAPTER                                                              NEXT CHAPTER>>>

4 comments:

  1. Well i didnt understand a shit(probably cuz i was focused on another thing well on to the next chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume that the biological father killed both, lora's stepfather and lora, anyway, thank for the chapter!!!! XD It is getting interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do I get the feeling that the biological father killed the original Lora?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u always for ur great work...
    ^^...

    So, he kill his daughter + people that take care of his daughter...
    ~~a...

    ReplyDelete