Sunday, October 11, 2015

Chapter 45: Farewells

-Claudia Robertson-

Another two days passed, when I finally get to see Lora at her class, I was overwhelmed with relief. I was beginning to think I wouldn't be able to see her again. Despite being in class I jump toward her side and hug her tightly. 
            "Where have you been? I've been so worried!" My words reminded of a mother finally finding her missing child. Lora on the other hand, held my arms and was fidgeting a lot. 
             "Claudia, I....." 
            The school bell rings loudly, jolting us from our spot and interrupting Lora's words. "Let's talk later, I'll see you then." I turn my back on her and start to walk away when she held back my arms before finishing the last sentence. 
             "I'm transferring school!"
            The door slide open from the outside and the teacher came in, asking to take our sit and those not of this class to return back. I was then swept away by the kids getting out, without retorting the statement Lora had said. 
             "I feel I just misheard her, did she just say transfer?"

#

"You didn't misheard me, I'm going to transfer school" said Lora flatly. 
            The three of us; Eric, Lora, and me. Were spending our time together at the usual place. Although Eric and Lora continued eating as if nothing happen, I had an obvious depressed air hanging around me. Even though I should have expected this more than anyone that she couldn't stay here as if nothing ever happened, and that she also needed a fresh start. Not as Loranne Hutslesky, but as herself. 
            "Then Lora did you hear the news? About Jason Omala." Eric pointed out. The two of us felt bad that we left Eric put of the loop of such serious business, so Lora said it was okay to tell him, saying he was trustworthy. Eric had a hard to believe look after we told him (mostly) everything. He reluctantly accepted it though. 
            "Died in prison, they said it was a heart of attack from the stress of being convicted." said Lora with an unpleasant look. 
            This time, it was me who continued eating without care while I said, "isn't that great, now the two of you won't ever need to worry about him." 
            Lora nodded at my words but she had a complicated expression, as if she didn't know how to react well about the news. Well I'll admit if there was one good thing that man did is that he had let Lora experience a normal life she couldn't have as a slave. 
           Speaking of slave, it seems the police had found the website of a so called online slaves and tore it down. It was the second hit news after the arrest of Jason Omala, and the police had apprehend the people running the operation, freeing the slaves at the same time, and you would thought there are no longer slave in this day and age at the place claimed to be the country of freedom. 
            "By the way, what did you do with the corpse?"
            "We buried it properly, at the start, she was desperate to find Loranne and somehow find her and dig her out. She kept her ever since but she can let go of her now, and your uncle even had an acquaintance who's a psychologist to look after her atwhere we're moving. I'm sure Loranne could now rest in peace."
            "When will you leave?"
            "In two weeks" 
            The three of us then continued eating silently together. I pondered about that soon, the three of us couldn't spend time together like this. 
             "I guess it'll be just me and Eric eating like this from now on." I look at Eric an found he was silent while wearing a weird expression as he looked down. I began to feel he wasn't telling me something. Seeing me looking at him intensely, Eric was flustered until he seems to prepare himself on something. Why am I getting a bad feeling?
              "Actually Claudia, I'm also transferring school."
            There was a few seconds interval, but after I digest what he said. Loranne as shock as I am asked when it'll be and he answered in three days. 
            At that moment, I punch him, right at his face. It wasn't a big of punch that will make him nosebleed, but it was enough to push him away. I look at my own hand and realized what a childish thing I did. I should've said sorry but the words didn't come out as I wanted. 
            "Why didn't you tell us this sooner? I'm sure you've arranged moving away at least a week earlier."
            "Can I complain about you punching me first?!" 
            Loranne watched anxiously at the two of us with her eyes going back and forth. "Besides," Eric continued, "when there was a lot going on in my house and it was decided I'm moving, you and Loranne had a problem of your own at the time, I wasn't going to make the two of you more anxious."
            Eric stopped talking then, but I could tell when he tight lipped his lips, there was more he wasn't letting on. It was a behavior I recently could tell from him when he was keeping something, but I was so focused on Lora that I barely notice at all. 
            "What happened Eric?" I said soothly as I crouched in front of him. He looked at me with his big childish black eyes. "My parents got divorce you see, they've been fighting a lot for more than a year. last month, just when things were oddly quiet, they decided to get separated and for me to come with mom to her parents house."
            After I heard his problem, I was angry at him again. Parents fighting is one of the things what scares children the most. The love between parents in a family is what gave birth to us and something we instinctively know since birth. Seeing the two people you love breaking apart in front of your eyes is never a good thing for a child and could lead to scar in his heart. That's why, to not say anything something important of his life, as his best friend, IT PISSES ME OFF!
            "Eric!"
            Eric jolted back hearing his name called so suddenly, he turned from looking away to me and I said this to him. "Never I tell you, NEVER do I want you to keep your feelings to yourself especially something that's painful to you. Even if it's not us, if you put up your pain alone again , I swear to God, that wherever you are, I'll go find you and punch you in the face again! Tell anyone even if you need to lie your situation for that!"
            After my threat, Eric instinctively touch his stinging right cheek and his expression then changed to a soft one and nodded at me. For Eric who could sense lie, he was never fond of lying, that's why I never see him lie. In a way, maybe because of that, rather than telling what he was reluctant to tell, he had shut himself up to avoid lying. Because lying is part of human nature. There are many cases where we lie without even thinking, sometimes we lie because we want to run away from the truth. For me, people lie because they want to hide the ugly side of themselves. I wonder what Eric see in  people when they're lying? 
            However....seriously???
            Two of my best friend are both going away, what kind of development is this? You usually don't get two people transferring out in such a close time frame. Someone is definitely messing me up! 
            I made a huge sigh thinking about them, I offered my hand to Eric and help him up which Lora respond with a heaved of relieve. 
              Now, let's get back to eating shall we?

#

-Eric Owell-

That was surprising. I knew she was full of surprises but never would I have thought she would punch me. For a girl, her punch was no joke, I feel if she hadn't held back then I might have gotten a nosebleed or a concussion. I walked toward the back gate where my mother would always picked me up, and there I found one of the people I didn't expect to be waiting for me.
             "What are you doing here Loranne?"
            Loranne Hustlesky just stood with her back by the wall, she then walked up to me in a fast pace and punch me in the stomach. Or rather I couldn't really call it a punch, I didn't feel any pain at all. "That's my share for not telling us what was wrong"
            "Says the girl who said she had stop playing friends."
            Loranne made an angry glare at me, but I hardly flinch. She then looked down as if she's holding back something, without pushing her, I stood waiting.
            "....so...."
            "What was that?"
            "....'m.....ry....."
            "Speak up will you?"
            "I'M SORRY!"
            She went back from looking down to glaring at me with teary eyes, hey is that an attitude to give when apologizing? "I'm sorry what I said back then Eric, I didn't mean most of it, and I know we never get along well when Claudia is not around but....I want a fresh start with you, so can we be friends, for real?"
            She had a sincere look in her eyes, and she talked without wavering. So different than the past Lora that seems to keep fidgeting. I know I can expect something better from her, we were always bickering when we had the chance but, I never hated her for that, so if she ask if I want to be her friends, then the answer is obviously..........
            "Not a chance" is what I answered.
             Her expression changed in a flash, and her dropping jaw was seriously hilarious. I suddenly saw the illusion of a grim reaper hanging behind her and her stance changed similar to that of a martial arts stance. Good thing is, my mom car had just arrived and I dash without looking back.
            "Come back Eric!!!!"
            Who would come back after that, besides, I think it's fine to have our relationship the way we are now. I want to show Claudia how long we could bicker with each other even about the trivial stuff, I'm sure she'd be surprised. There was also one reason why I said that.
            Is that I tried lying,
            and it felt AWESOME!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the end of Loranne Arc, now on to the new arc, School Trouble. 
         
<<<PREVIOUS CHAPTER                                               NEXT CHAPTER>>>

10 comments:

  1. Omg it was a 3 chapter day! Best day of my life i can die at peace now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mystery Inc. (not really, they need another boy and a dog for that) is disbanding?

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor claudia, she is alone now, I hope is not too late for her to make new friends. thank for the 3 chapters!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. ;-; but Eric I was rooting for you nd claudia. Comes baack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was rooting Lora and Claudia though, Eric could just go die in some back alley by his parent's hands for all I care.

      Delete
    2. Just so we're clear, you won't find yuri or yaoi in this novel

      Delete
    3. Just so we're clear, you won't find yuri or yaoi in this novel

      Delete
    4. Having no yaoi is good enough to me, but you can't stop my over-reactive pervert brain from imagining one! Haah haah, a girl with witch hat and a silver haired loli esper kissing each other...

      Delete
  5. not linked to ch 46. also amusing

    ReplyDelete