Sunday, October 25, 2015

Chapter 50: S Class

There were barely any times the Mark reacted. There were numerous times where the black cloud had follow or wrapped around a person, but almost everyone has it and lingers like flies around a person. It's not an everyday occurrence to find someone being possessed by darkness. This is the first times I found anyone's darkness makes me want to puke. 
            However, it lasted only for 2 seconds.
            When that man asked my name, the sickening darkness around  him dissipates in an instant.  I was in a trance that Prof. Dalton had to shook me so I could introduce myself.
             The man that had a full white hair, floss teeth, a hawk like nose, wrinkles on his face and a vigor body unmatched to his age introduced himself as Dr. Demen Ars,"what's your name little lady?"
            My words had choke on me before I could speak and had to clear my throat before I could give him an answer. "Claudia, Claudia Robertson"
            "Claudia.....beautiful name, sorry if I sound prying after hearing your conversation, I just felt it was remarkable that a girl your age would be interested in communicating with someone unable to talk normally."
            Cold sweat was breaking down my back, yet I kept putting up my smile as long even with him getting close to my face. I look away and step back fidgety. "You think of me too highly, I just want to learn what I want to learn, it's for nobody's sake but my own." 
            Dr. Ars didn't weaken his smile, but the next word took me and Prof. Dalton by surprise, "coincidentally, I'm part of the research team that tries to examine the truth of the disorder esper's  capability that is said to reach an extraordinary limit. How about you accompany me on my research, I think it would be good thing for them to have friends outside of their class that I think might also improve my research as well. Will you do it Claudia?"
             "No thank you!" 
             This time, I caught Prof. Dalton and Dr. Ars by surprise and I continued regardless, "I don't want to be rude, but I think a researcher such as yourself wouldn't want the trouble looking after me."
            "You don't need to think too much of it, besides, unless someone is there to supervise while you're there, it will not be possible for you to meet anyone from S Class."
            "I already have Prof. Dalton planning to accompany me, that's why please do not bother yourself or I'd feel bad." I could feel the accusing look of Prof. Dalton after I drag him to this conversation. "Is that true Prof. Dalton?" 
            "I—"
            The words he planned to say was cut off the moment I tug his sleeve. I didn't gave him a look of meaning, but my expression should be obvious enough that I do not want to be near with that man. I pulled his sleeve harder that my hand trembled, hoping that my feelings came across him. 
            "It was my intention from the start to watch over her, though I'll need the principal permission for that, I'm sure he could make her an exception." 
            "I see, if you're willing then it's fine," Dr. Ars gave one last glance at me before his smile could hid his eyes again. "I hope we'll get a chance to meet again soon Claudia." 
            Well I'm hoping we'll never cross path again! Then again, he'll be in school for a while so that'll be unlikely. He went to another teacher, seemingly asking him for something before he tried to led his way somewhere. I was ready to be off my way when Prof. Dalton called out my name with a hint of unpleasant tone. 
            "Care to explain what that was?"
           "What about I wonder...."
            The usual poker face Prof. Dalton knit his eyebrows and made a sharp angry glare at me. Of course he would be angry if I respond that way, where are my manners?
            "I'm sorry, I just don't want to go there with too many people I'm not familiar with, and mostly with that doctor."
          "Why, what's wrong with him?"
          He's a murderer ........is what I like to say but it's not like he'll believe me anyway. "I just don't like him."
           "Why? You only just met."
           "No reason, I just don't like that person, that's all" 
            It took a minute of silence before he heaved a sigh and rub his fingers between his eyes. Sorry professor, you had to deal a troublesome kid like me. 
            "If that's all you have to say then fine, but now that I say I'll supervise your action in the S Class, I want you to follow every word I said!"
            I pumped my fist secretly at my side, with this I might get a clue on using magic with sign language. What better way to learn sign language than to talk with it. I figured that as a language, it wouldn't be enough just to know the words when you don't know how to use them. Just like when I first studied latin, it isn't enough to know the words when you want to use it. And so finally I went back to class, anticipating my visiting days at S Class. 

#

             In my past life, I've seen countless chaos. It was a time of war so chaos was an everyday occurrence. Including the massive witch hunt, where more innocent people than the witches itself were burn to death, the nobles oppressing the people and caused many riots, the war itself was devastating that I had even got mixed up in once. 
            Actually, it was more than once. 
            However, what I'm witnessing now is a whole other chaos. 
            For kids who are disorder, you would think they would calm, polite, shy, some that you might call rascals, and some that might be afraid to strangers. I should have known they won't be normal
            "Somebody, catch that boy, hey you, stop flying of everywhere and get down!" 
            "Carol, stop sending in animals in the class, this place is not your personal zoo!" 
            "Kenny, this is your last warning, untie your hand around me, stretching your arm this much won't be good for you." 
            "Hey, has anyone seen Prof. Malcom, oh never mind, he's gone and caught hallucination again outside." 
            I wasn't sure how to describe the place. For a class with the least amount of kids, you would think it'd be small but it actually had seats at most for 60 people, enough room for kids to run wild I suppose. The seats and tables were individual rather than pairs, and the floor ascend at every row. The walls were white and felt hollowed with no flashcard of certain subjects, at a corner there two bookshelves but only half of one of it had our textbook and children books, the rest I could tell from the title they were complicated books I'd dare say that college student would read/  I then switched my attention and look carefully the kids and were vary in age. 
           "Most of the kids here have problems unrelated to having a disorder and got a late start at school, and as you can see, their behaviour is also the problem we couldn't put them with the other kids, so in this entire elementary institution, there's only one S Class." 
            Certainly, even if we have problems, no one in school would blatantly use their power as they want. This kind of behaviour is not a line you can cross that easily. "Aren't the bracelet also equipped with a stun mode to make them unconscious?" 
            "How did you know that? It's not information you know that easil—Dale is it? That kid knows a little too much sometimes. Besides, the law states the stun mode is only for last resort and definitely not to be use on children, their heart wouldn't be able to take the shock and might cause fatal wound so don't suggest dangerous things."
            Hearing his harsh tone, I regret a bit for irresponsibly suggest while being oblivious with consequence that I hang my head in shame,  "I understa—woah!"
            Flocks of birds flew past as us as we dodge, the girl who I suspect is Carol. The moment I looked into her eyes, I knew right away she was blind. Her eyes had barely any color and looked hollow. However, there was no doubt she was looking at us, "Prof. Dalton is here!" the moment she said it, the rowdy class was silent. They all turned to look at the two of us and the gazes had made my heart skip a beat. 
           "Professor!"
            The kids were all running toward him and huddled up like ants would toward sugar. From the start Prof.Dalton was taller than average man so seeing such height difference, I was able visibly see the definition of the word midget. Or midgets in this case. 
            Not all were huddled up around Professor. There were some kids who either stood in their place or sat on their desk without caring much. All  I noticed were older than the rest, probably around Beth's age. 
            "Oh thank God you're finally here Professor, these kids won't listen to anything we say! How do you get to control them?" Said one of the professor with eyes wet
           "I wouldn't say control, but If I have to, I would say the key is patient I guess." So he said cooly.
           I can't really say we have the same experience, I do have my share involving with kids and let me tell you that you need a LOT of patient dealing with just one, let alone dozens. 
            "Kids there is someone I'd like you all to meet," Prof. Dalton pushes me by his side and let all the kids took a good look at me. The various gaze toward me made me super nervous and wasn't sure what to say. "for various reasons, she'll be studying with you all during her practical class for a few weeks, I want you all to get along, do you understand?"
            """""YES!!!"""""
            The professor pushed me forward, signalling to introduce myself. "Nice to meet you, my name is—"
            The Powerless Girl, Claudia Robertson
            My words were cut off and was replaced by the words of someone by the back of the class. He was a boy that looks like he was in his sixth grade. Most likely he is the oldest in this class which usually makes him a class leader. I was a little taken back seeing him as it was the first time I saw an albino kid. His skin was pale white with freckles around his cheeks, he had thin lips, thick eyelashes for a boy, blue bright eyes, and the most distinguished would be his white hair, literally white hair. 
            The kids  were silent from the sudden call of my name and turned rowdy once again, I didn't have to eavesdrop to know they were talking about me. Whether I'm a child or not, this really makes me embarrassed. I turned to the boy once more and glare at him and he glared at me back. 
            What are you looking at?
           "A rude person it seems" 
            The glare of his became more intense, but coming from a child it didn't make me a bit cower. What I had realized was that even though I hear his voice loud and clear, his mouth wasn't moving at all. "Please excuse him Claudia, that child's name is J. Foax, you've probably noticed but he has Telepathy. " 
            "I noticed." 
            I cleared my throat and moved toward the middle of the class, and stood introducing myself again with resolve in it, "Claudia Robertson, I certainly have no ability but ability alone doesn't define what I am so  I hope you'll get to know me better in the next few weeks and get along until then, so please take care of me."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally gotten chapter 50, it's a long one so enjoy



<<<PREVIOUS CHAPTER                                  NEXT CHAPTER>>>

15 comments:

  1. thank for the chapter!!!!! XD. After a week of exams this the best thing to happen to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. -Including the massive with hunt,
    witch

    Is the albino kid a projective telepath (can make others hear/see his thoughts) or can he also read minds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in this world, telepathy started out as the ability to read others mind, but when practice, you could coordinate and sync your own brain wave to match other, enabling you to project your thoughts to other. In other words the ability could evolve with practice. You should know that there is a THIRD stage for this ability, have fun figuring out what it is.

      Delete
    2. Forcing an illusion into someone else's mind?

      Delete
    3. Not really, an illusion is an ability to make the target see, hear, smell and feel what the user wants. True you can send images to people with telepathy but you'll know it's not real so illusion is not the right word for it.

      Delete
    4. It's obvious when it comes to mind psionic power, it would be mind control.

      Delete
  3. Im shipping the albino guy with claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally caught up!! Even though I have exams. This is way too addicting.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go and study! Don't go to in to the dark side ,you might never come back from it!!!!

      Delete
    2. Didnt you know ? Since chapter 1 we all fell i to the dark side. Its already too late!!!

      Delete
    3. Oh good Lord, what have I done! My work have drag all those poor soul

      Delete
  5. Check for a tattoo on your body! I suspect that you might have unconsciously used black magic while writing this to make it addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg the nostalgia! I love how diverse you are with your char. Have fun and good luck with your college life! Stay healthy, always please :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank u always for ur great work...
    ^^...

    Total chaos...
    XD...

    ReplyDelete