Sunday, October 11, 2015

Chapter 43: The Witch Arrival

Failure. 
          To think that conversation was recorded that day and that woman had it all this time, and out of all times, she had to speak out now. Just what the hell was that man doing? Didn't I tell him specifically to make sure she stayed out of trouble and the police. 
             Damn useless. 
            All of them useless. 
           "Mr. Omala, are you listening?"
           "Yes!"
           My eyes went back from my clenched fist toward my lawyer. A fat guy that always like to wipe his sweat, he would always wear a tight suit as if that's going to help him put off some weight. Despite his looks, he's a capable man, heck I spent a lot of money on him so he had better be or else. 
            "Listen Mr. Omala, I know it's been hard on you to stay in prison even if it's only a temporary lock-up until the trial, but your situation is worst enough that I can't help you all the way but I could at least lighten your sentence." 
            "I'm sorry, I just had a terrible nightmare last night so I haven't had enough sleep."
             "A nightmare?"
             "Yes, a nightmare" 
             Recalling that dream again, shiver began to ran down my spine. It was unlike any other dream I had. I was locked up at a dark room, not in a prison but in a cage. A tall cage that had a stairway. Suddenly a hand came in suddenly from the cage gap, I had no way of knowing who it was, just the hand and the voice that told me to repent. I back away only to found another hand reaching up to my neck. One by one, more hands kept popping out from the gaps and I did the obvious thing, climb up. 
            However, there were many hands that popped up from the sides even when I climbed up, all was aiming  at my neck. I cursed over and over as I climbed the stairs that seemed to stretch endlessly. I slipped and fell but hold on to the railings, unluckily, the railings were at old age so I was pushed from the momentum and had to kept holding on even as I dangle in mid air. 
            In reflex, I called out for help, but at that cage I was alone. Feeling it was all over, someone appeared in front of me. 
            Calling it 'someone' may be a mistake, cloak with black robe that doesn't seem real. Yes, as if it's made of shadow, I was looking up to it so I didn't realize sooner the small figure of a child it had, the only thing that made me sure what was above me is human, was the sharp green eyes that dimly glowed like emeralds. 
            She then took a step on the edge and when I thought she would fall, she instead float beside me. I thought I could too but was too afraid on doing something uncertain. I wasn't able to see her face, but I could feel she was smirking at me as I look helpless. She leaned beside me and with her soft voice that penetrates the mind, she warned me. 
             "Give yourself up or this will await you." 
            The strain of the railing was too much, I fell down with a scream, looking up at her dark figure, and at the end.....darkness. 
            It was a weird dream, as if it was warning me of my end. However, my ambition cannot stop here, I'll climb to the top even if I have to use a puppet and make sure to shut anything or anyone that gets in my way. 
            "Let me confirm this once more, are you sure you don't want to take a plea."
            "No."
            "Very well, I'll do in all my power to help you."
            "Mr. Funnel, I really appreciate your effort, I'm counting on you for you to reveal the truth in all those lies, so I'll entrust my life to you"
             "Please leave it to me, Mr. Omala."
             We both shook hands before finally left and the guard guide me to my cell. I'm not going to let this end, I will take everything they've taken from me so if anyone thinks this is the end for me, then they are wrong. 
#
A night inside the cell was rough and cold, there's no blanket and the mattress was in no condition to be used. I couldn't get any sleep in this rotten place, but what I need the most now is patient. Everything has its phase, whether I'll win the trial or not doesn't matter, my connections reaches even inside the prison building so I'll just need to build up my plan accordingly for the future. 
            In the end, I will get everything I desire and have the last laugh. Just you all wait and see. 
            "It seems you still haven't learn your lesson well enough" 
            I jolted up upon hearing that voice, in a room that was supposed to put me alone. There was a girl, shoulder length black hair, white fair skin, and bewitching green eyes. It took me a moment to realize she was just a child, yet there was intelligence in her eyes. 
            "Human's stubbornness is sure something to be awed, even after falling this deep you still tried to claw your way up."
           Who are you, is what I should have said but no voice came out of me. Under my feet, there was a paper glowing in shape of a circle with foreign words written on it. 
            "Words aren't needed for the likes of you, I had already gave you a chance to redeem yourself but I waste my time instead. You are beyond saving"
            She came closer to me and floated toward my side, it surprised me she used her ability as prison cell should have Brain Wave Suppressor, unable for anyone to use their ability.  Yet how could she....
           I tried to move away but my body was frozen, or rather it felt like the air itself is hindering my movement. She took something that got stuck behind my neck, a sticker? She shred it away and looked straight at me before she used her small hands to close my eyes. Her cold hands seem to struck deep into my skin and sent me shivers. I was reminded again of the black figure in my dream that had the same green eyes as she. At first she reminded me of a Grim Ripper, but right now, the word 'Witch' popped inside me. 
            "You who made other struggle and suffer for your own sake, Thank me that I'll make your end painless" 
          I failed to understand what her words truly meant, her words had a disgust tone but no malice whatsoever. That's why, I didn't think twice of her actions before everything went exactly as that dream.....darkness.


<<<PREVIOUS CHAPTER                                                    NEXT CHAPTER>>>

7 comments:

  1. Corrections:
    but what I need the most now is patient.
    but what I need the most now is patience.
    ----------------------------------
    Black hair? Not Claudia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was expecting rape, not this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u always for ur great work...
    ^^...

    So, she execute him herself huh, better than regret let him roam around...
    ~~…

    Suddenly a hand came in suddenly
    A hand came in suddenly ???
    Suddenly a hand came in ???

    ReplyDelete