Saturday, July 11, 2015

Chapter 14: Heads Rolling

Praetor Research Institute had design classes according to their ability to observe, research, and strengthening each student’s power. The classes are divided into Passive Class, Active Class, CC Class, Physical Class and Special Class.
            Passive Class is for those who could activate their ability passively, like Eric’s Lie Detection Ability, Perfect Memory Ability (yes, researcher has conclude it’s an ability), Emotion Sensing Ability, etc.
             Active Class, which has the most students so far, requires the espers utmost concentration such as Telekinesis, Fortune Tell Ability, and Mind Reading Ability.
            Crowd Control or CC Class (I don’t know why, they’re using a game term for this one), is for espers that uses ability that effects people or they’re surrounding. The examples are Pheromone Ability, Emotion Modifying Ability, Voice Enchanting Ability, or Hypnosis.
            Physical Class is for espers that has ability that strengthen or change parts of their body; those examples are Super Strength Ability, Clairvoyance, and Acceleration Ability, Shape Shifting Ability. 
            The last, Special Class, are for the chosen espers who has a rare or never before seen ability, it is also a class for those who has trouble controlling their power. Loranne’s Replicate Ability belongs to this class. Additionally, although I have unknown power, I was put in that class while wandering around the other classes as well.
             Today, I’m visiting the CC Class, and offering a pack of lunch with my head bowed. I might look like a gofer, but this is essential if I’m going to ask for his forgiveness, or more like, if I don’t do this much, I’m scared of facing him.
            Rick had an enigmatic look, I don’t know if he’s confused, angry, irritated, or felt weird by me. His eyes scowled and I shuddered, the surrounding people were glancing at us with fear of getting closer. As expected of Master, even after reincarnated you could still cause fear with your awful looking eyes.
            ………..I think I might have thought of something rude so for now, I’ll just apologize to him in my heart.
            “I don’t really hold a grudge or anything so it’s fine,” the tone he was using did not convince me at all though, “but shouldn’t the one apologizing be the blond girl shivering at the corner there?”
            I glance at where he was pointing; Loranne was so nervous that her body was visibly trembling. She was crouching, and was holding back her already wet eyes from tears. "Off course she’ll apologize, but she’s extremely shy so I wanted to apologize on her behalf first, besides, I felt guilty not explaining sooner on what happened, creating a misunderstanding.”
            “You should be” said Rick bluntly.
            Honestly, his arrogant tone was enough to tick me, but because of his past life, I can’t help but smile in relieve on hearing that tone from his voice once more. I am aware he is my master and at the same time he is not, but now that fate let us meet, I want to know the present him, what he’s been through, his friends, and his dream. The things he did for me from my past life would take more than a lifetime to repay, that’s why I intend to be someone by his side no matter what and if possible to become his strength as well.
            “Anyway—I don’t know if this will be enough but please take this as compensation!” Rick kept staring silently at the lunch I was holding, it’s not poison you know!
             “That’s soonice of you Claudia, for Rick who had only been eating the dorm’s and the cafeteria’s food, this is the first time he is given a homemade lunch from a gir—” Dale had appeared so suddenly, Rick had to kick him to shut his mouth. Wait, he’s not even in this class, why is he here?
             “If you’re wondering why I’m here, I just happen to hear something interesting so I came.” Wah, don’t tell me he can read mind?
            “There’s also one for you as well, actually, the one who made this is Loranne.”
            “He~ she’s only in second year and she can already cook for herself, that’s admirable.”
             “Right, and her lunch is always delicious!”
             “Th…thank you…”
Me and Dale turned in surprise, Loranne was already standing behind us while fidgeting, since when did she came up behind us? I look back to the two lunchboxes in my hand only to have one missing. Rick had already opened the box, chewing the karaage in his mouth. “It’s not bad.” He claimed.
His words might not mean anything, but for Loranne who barely talk with anyone, she was happy enough to hide her blushed face behind me. 
              Have I told anyone Loranne is cute when she does this? While we were in our own happy go merry world, I barely notice the whispers from the passerby.
             “Hey did you see it, Rick just took that two girls lunchbox.”
             “I know he’s bad, but does he have no shame in picking on little girls?”
            “I feel sorry for those girls, look, one of them is trembling behind her friend, she must be scared.”
              My face was drained of colors, I had only wanted to get closer to him but I had no idea we’d make such a misunderstanding. Bad, this is bad! “Loranne, we should probably go now, thanks again for meeting with us and for the other day.” I drag Loranne outside the class, Dale unexpectedly tries to stop us, but he was too late for that.
            “Wait, what about my lunch!”
             Those last few words of his however, did not reach me.
#
“Damn, we got interrupted but what should we do; do we give up harassing her?”
            “Like hell we do that, why should we let slide some brats from making fun of us, seniors. If we don’t teach them a lesson then they won’t be able to learn respect, especially that Powerless Girl. She cheated her way in when she doesn’t have any ability, how dare she look down on us!”
            “Then what should we do then?”
             The three fifth grade bullies were hanging out in the usual net cafĂ©. They had just gone out and were ready to go home, FYI those three are coincidentally neighbors so they always get home together.
            “Hehehe, I have a few good plans in mind you guys might be interested.”
            “Really? Don’t you joke on me!”
            “Hurry up and tell us!”
            “Hehehe, so we go like this….”
            “Excuse me.”
             “ “ “!!!!!!!” ” ”
                 When the three were about to discuss their plan, simultaneously they turned to found a white haired man behind them. The man didn’t show an age appropriate to his hair, he had slit eyes that showed his Asian features, he was around 160 cm, and he had that business man smile on him.    “Are you perhaps a fifth grader from the Praetor Academy?”
             “What if we aren’t, excuse us, we’re late for our curfew.” They might be bullies, but like any other kids, they remembered the message from their parents of not talking to strangers.
            “Ah, from your uniform and the blue sword pin on your collar, I guess there’s no mistake.”
             “If you knew then don’t ask us!”
            “Please don’t be wary of a small old man like me, I’m only trying to warn you it’s dangerous walking in a quiet place like this, you might get kidnapped.”
            The three boys laughed at the man’s words, “If they want they should try, we’re from the Special Class after all, in other words we’re special, we won’t be easily kidnapped like normal weak people!”
            “Let’s go guys.” One of the three took the lead on walking away from the weird old man. However, he couldn’t feel the presence of his friends by his side, when he turned, two of his friends were laying on the ground with blood flowing out from their necks. He shifted his feet and felt a bushy feeling tickling his leg like a hair, and saw the spiky blond hair of his friend’s head that had rolled to his side.

He didn’t scream, he didn’t cry, he didn’t move, because the next thing he saw turned blank. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel bad not naming those bullies after they died, so their name will be revealed on the next chapter. BTW, did the sudden bloody turn out events surprise you?

<<<PREVIOUS CHAPTER                                           NEXT CHAPTER >>>

12 comments:

  1. Just started reading. Loving the story so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that they were going for the Gakuen Alice anime rought... but this was an unexpected turn of events

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this story has a lot of unexpected things, I just feel sorry for Claudia she had to through all that all the time in the future. However, it's not just for the story, because there is a reason for everything

      Delete
  3. I'm waiting for the time she's going to reveal her power. Magic lol. Reminds me of Toaru series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that series, I'm not quite a sci-fi fan but it's a different story if you put fantasy in as well, it just gives a whole other twist.

      Delete
    2. Same here. I love fantasy stories.

      Delete
    3. Same here. I love fantasy stories.

      Delete
  4. I'm not surprised at all, read too many stories for that '-')/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually not really suprised^^ But it's obviously because of the Chapter title.

    But I didn't think their heads would literally roll xD

    Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank u always for ur great work...
    ^^...

    It escalate quickly...
    @.@...

    ReplyDelete