Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Chapter 34: Loranne's Past

At school the next day, the first thing I did was going toward the library, lent their computer and checked on a man named Gregory Howard. The first link that popped up was, as I expected, the case of his death. 
            It said here, around the end of summer, he was seen falling from his hotel room, dying instantly. No one was with him at the time, there was a brief interview at the wife which she turned away with no further comment other than expressing her grief. When I watched the video, I thought she was no different than an ordinary woman, either she was still sane then or she acts sane in front of people.  I wonder if it's because of her complexion or her make up, she also looked different somehow. 
            I then looked up at another link about the man himself, and who would have thought….Lora's father was one of the key member of one of the famous political party. In other words, he's a big shot. For no one around to recognize her father meant Miss Lissa's suspicioun may be right. 
            She said before that her father was quite a workaholic. He would arrive late at night or won't come home at all. Whenever he tried to use closure when he's home, the wife barely respond to his feelings. That's the gist I've heard from Miss Lissa's effort on becoming closer with Loranne then. Her effort was well done, considering how tight lipped she was.

            So, from my experience(of reading mystery novel), there is a need to decompose the problem before closing in on the answer. 
 1. Who is the corpse inside the apartment?
2. How did s/he die?
3. What's the connection between s/he with Lora?

            From those 3 points, I say finding out who the corpse is takes priority. Now how do you think an 8 year old could get the ways of searching a dead's man identity? However, thanks to the universe, I am not just a child, I am a Witch Child! Not that being a witch is something I should be proud of. 
            The bell chimed, which indicate the first period, an I finished all that just before class.
#

I had a hunch but as expected, Lora didn't met with us at lunch, and oddly whenever I visit her class, she mysteriously disappear. I have a feeling chasing her is a waste of time so I was expecting eating with Eric, just us two. 
            And yet…
            "Did you two had a fight or something?" Eric asked me while he took a bite of my sausage. 
          "You could say that, and I'm not sure how to reconcile with her" I said as I stab my fork on his fries. 
            Eric took a glance behind me and saw the figure of shoulder length blond hair girl, peeping at us from the corner. "I think she wants to reconcile with you first."
            "Don't look at her Eric, or else she'll only runaway again." I dip the fries at Eric's mother's homemade sauce and it was hot damn delicious. My face showed an obvious blushed of bliss on my face. I tried to show her I wasn't concern on what happen the other day, but Lora gave me a leering look in the end. No matter the things she' been through, she's still a kid I guess. "Eric, there's a favor I want to ask of you."

<<<PREVIOUS CHAPTER                                                                              NEXT CHAPTER>>>

3 comments:

  1. Nothing to comment...oh wait there is something! FIRST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u always for ur great work...
    ^^...

    ReplyDelete