Saturday, April 9, 2016

Chapter 77: The Loyalty of Class S

Hello my dear readers, I'm soooooooooooooo sorry I haven't post for so long. I haven't had this edited yet but seeing how you've patiently wait I'll make an exception and post it early. 

Please enjoy 


Care to explain to me Claudia?

             At the sudden thought intruding my head, I almost jumped from my spot under the tree where I rest my back on. I was able to force myself to keep it down and made a deep glare behind my ridiculous owl mask still worn on my head. Foax was looking up at me, arm crossed, and a deep scowl-which could say his normal face-at me. I was caught off guard at how he knew who I was but then I thought telepathy, typical! The atmosphere right now were tense with Foax that came back glaring at Dale after a back to back verbal contest of insults and reasons why he was worth lending his ability. I pinched the bridge of my nose at the long argument that seemed to strain my ear for too long.

             How things ended up like this started from only five minutes ago where Rick and Dale had to make sure the other kids were safely out and discreet at a side entrance that the janitors would sometime used. Not much was known about that and it wasn't included in the blueprint so Dale had assured them they'd be out without anyone knowing. I waited further away from the vans but still far enough to keep an eye out. There were still no signs of the terrorist being wary of their comrade absence which led to think they were assigned to guard after putting them in the van.

             It wasn't long after that Rick and Dale came back, ready to start our strategy against them. Then I noticed the presence of others, and there weren't just one or two. "Dale, didn't you make sure all the kids were in custody." Dale gave a rise eyebrow at that, but when he turned back and he too then noticed the shift in shadows and leaved around us."Come out before we drag you out!" I said with my voice raise.

            I almost gasped when I found the present Class S coming out. There were Stanley and Dean both looking sheepish, Jeremy with his ginger hair bangs hiding his eyes, Kenny pop up with a mischievous grin but worried look in his eyes, Alvin was beside him and looking unsure of himself, Maya had an obvious forced smile as she slip out from the bushes, then there's Foax. I turned my eyes to Dale accusingly and he just shrug but without erasing the hint of annoyance in his eyes. "What are you doing here?

             Foax let out a smirked, Lending you a hand Fillion, you're welcome.

            "This isn't a game Foax, this situation s out of your league and we don't need a liability!" he snarled. To be frank I was surprised at Dale's changed of tone and had his brows knit so close, He was usually laid back and and spoke gently to sooth awkward or tense situation, I'm guessing this is him being serious or just him playing the part of a government agent. "Get back and let the rest of the authority handle it!" he continued.

            We don't need help from your people Fillion, I don't trust them and I don't trust you three being able to get my friends out from here. 

             "and you think you and your little friends can? Face reality dumb ass, me and Rick have experience despite our age and you all have what? Unique abilities, Ha! Don't put yourself on your high horses because abilities don't make you useful."

             are you even that trustworthy, for all I know you might just be a spy trying to kidnap us like those people did. As long as I don't trust you, I don't trust them, and I certainly don't want to put my life on the hands of someone I don't trust. 

              "Why you little....this is no time for you being rebellious!"

              Rebellious? You're the last person I want to hear it from. 

             While the two were arguing, the others including me, could only watch, some were possibly thinking how they were going to rest this case. It was weird hearing them bickering with Foax mouth shut while Dale's voice was trying to hold back from exploding. I had forgotten that despite his act to be mature, Foax was still a 12 year old. Even though he has his problem with adults with authorities, it still disappoint me he'd risk his friends here than to try to trust others. I had feeling Foax felt troubled with his decision but was still stubborn about, after all, all kids are stubborn on some things.

                Then Foax began asking me in my head on our current situation. I hesitated to answer and was about to refuse him to, but I was late to notice that Foax had been aiming at that point of hesitation and tried to pry himself in my mind. I tried to resist him only to winced in pain as a lash back, the thing about telepathy is that it isn't that easy and safe ability to use people make them out to be. Worst case scenario could lead you brain dead to yourself or others, another reason why Foax are one of the few talented exception.

             As I was saying, since telepathy is dangerous especially on aware but unwilling target, resisting would then cause you an equal pain of getting your brain pulled at both sides. I screamed of course, but even when Foax should have felt the same pain as I did, he didn't stop prying inside my head. The others noticed and Dale quickly made a pull on his collar, he must have used his ability because immediately, I felt light headed, but still feeling dizzy. "What the hell were you trying to do?" Dale asked, his face was downright furious. Foax however, didn't shared a glance at him as his eyes was fixed on me with a shock look on his face. I wasn't sure what he saw but I have a strong feeling he find out I'm a sorcerer.

             "Cl....Claudia, is that you?" asked Dean with a sign of realization on his face. I looked at him shocked, but looking around again I saw the others had the same expression as him, shocked and unsure.

              Great,why not just tell the world who I am then. I think my disguise is becoming more meaningless. How the hell did they know anywa.....realizing how, I turned to Foax with accusing look and followed with a glare. Foax seemed not to care and rolled his eyes. Okay, I know he's special but conversing two thoughts at the same time and showing thoughts and images from one mind to multiple other like a radio tower has got be prodigy-level shit he was doing there. If I wasn't so angry I might have look impressed by now. "You showed them what's on my mind!"

              If it makes you any better, I only took a glimpse for this whole day, nothing to private I'm sure seeing the shit we're having. 

               "Oh and should I have said 'how gentlemen of you Foax for not prying further in my mind after giving me a stabbing headache and disregard my will of keeping my mind private'" the sarcasm was very evident in my tone, leaving most of them wide eyed at me. At least I don't need to explain to them what and who I am. I hope they don't caught on the part I was reincarnated, the last thing I need is someone asking the kind of life I had. I might snap and do something regretful when that happens.

               "Wait....so you're not the real Wonder Owl?" all eyes were then turned to Stanley, poor kid still believe real superhero would come to save them all, hope he doesn't get any panic attack. Instead, Stanley looked crestfallen and might have cried if Kenny hadn't try to cheer him up.

               "Yeah I'm not, sorry to trick you Stanley, I thought it might help calming you down but fooling you might not be the best way for it." my mouth then turned to smile dryly, I tried to reassured him but Stanley kept pulling on the hem of his shirt while looking down without saying anything. Ugh, now I feel awful.

               "Anyway, moving on from her, I'm asking again, how the hell did you all get here?"

                 Let's just say it involves a few illusion along with a few 'sugesstions' that we were never there. Foax shrug as he explain and Dale gave a huge sigh as he wipe his face. I had never seen him so distress before, I'm guessing this how he is when he took things seriously.

             "You know Dale, there's nothing wrong asking them for help" he look up to me in shock, as if I had just ask him to jump off a cliff. He was about to protest before I cut him off with my reasoning, "Look, I know it's your job to protect their abilities from the wrong hand and getting them involve might just hinder you instead. However, right now your team are blind of the situation and the espionage unit that are sneaking here can't move much without risking the hostages. Since they are students here, few or one of us could disguise as terrorist and blend in with the others while they act as a captured student."

             Dale made a scowl but I knew he was in deep thought, considering my words, "You forgot that if we were find out they could easily be taken back with their rings." at that point, I smiled. Dale raise an eyebrow when he saw my reaction. "

             "Dale, do you have some of the rings with you?" he nodded and fish out  a simple metal ring with green hue. I asked him to try to use it on any of Class S which made the others shudder for a bit and Dale himself shrug as he did what I told, I think I saw the slight smirk he tried holding back. Just as she imagined, Dale went for Foax and although she saw him trying to hold himself back, but in the end Foax was forced put up a ballet pose with his hand over his hand in circle, his right leg tip toed and his left foot raised to his knee.

            Goddammit Dale!

             While Dale kept his indifferent mask, some of us might noticed the slight shaking of his shoulder in amusement. Once he was done I then ask Foax to take off his bracelet which he respond in questioning look, you do know we can't take it off on our own?

                "Oh yeah, I forgot about that" I step closer to him and put my hand over his bracelet, I pour mana through the bracelet and I feel the fizzle and crackle of it malfunctioning. "YEOW!" Foax yelped when he felt the shock from his hand. The bracelet cracked open and he was then free from it shackles. "Dale, can you try making him go around in circle and bark three times?"

                 Dale grinned at my idea, "with pleasure"

                Foax would have loved to protest, but when he saw it was too late to stop Dale using that cursed of a ring on him, he resigned himself before realizing nothing happened. He look at Dale who had the same surprised expression on him, to Claudia who had a smirk and whispered softly "I knew it" and then he looked at his bracelet dangling halfway from his wrist. To most of us here, a connection must have been form but that only proves a dreadful fact on them. "Shit, a rat in the research department?! The government ass would get in trouble for this" said Dale while he ran his hair with his hand and looked exasperate. He then turned to look at me and ask how I'd know.

               "Well there was this one guy who tried to control me and Rick but it didn't affect us, since mine was broken because of some 'things'" like desperately trying to get the bracelet off with mana and then had it run over by a car then made an excuse the latch was loose and rolled toward the street to meet its unfortunate demise "so I had to use the old version until I get a new one ready since they only have limited number of it and when I heard Rick hadn't use the new ones I thought it might be connected"

               Once I explain they all turned toward Rick who had been quiet all this time as he watch our antics. He shrug and showed them the thick old version bracelet he had to prove my point. "Then what are we waiting for, let's get these things off us and kick every ones asses!" exclaimed Kevin. Dale then sigh and shook his head, "If only if it were that easy, if you guys are going to help then I expect that you're going in with a plan so anyone trying to do anything reckless and I'll have Rick knock you out, clear!" the others were too overwhelmed by his strick tone of his voice that they could only nod.

             "So does anyone have a plan that includes 6 brats, two espers, and a would be sorcerer?" Rick pointed out much to the the others, including me, annoyance from his labels.

              "Maybe not us, but Agent Hawk should come up with a better solution than any of us together"

              "Wait, I thought we agreed not to involve the adults!"  Alvin pointed out.

              "I never agreed to that, just because I tolerate you here now doesn't mean I'm going against my order, and considering the situation, you lot should listen because you're more clueless that we are" after shutting them up, Dale took a deep breath before he concetrate to his power so it wouldn't hinder the telepathy connecting him to the outside. On the meantime, I turned to Rick and asked who was Agent Hawk was which he answered.

            "He is Dale's superior, I only met him a few times but anyone would agree to say he's a freaking genius, the FBI might rather trade him for a diamond or two for ransom"

             "A genius?"

              "Not book smart genius, but the kind that rescued a foreign super rich CEO's daughter from getting killed and prevent World War III kind of genius" Rick then eyed  at my ridiculous and confused expression which was probably gasping and and cringe eyebrows that he chuckled, "and yes it's no joke, and no, you can't ask for details"

              "All right people gather around, we've got a plan so listen up!"

                 After we all gather around and explained while we huddled in circle, "Are you sure that will work?"

             "Depends how we work things out, now this is serious so I'll ask you one last time because you could die from this. Are you willing to go through this?"

              The group was quiet and tense waiting for an answer, I had expected Foax to answer him for them but instead it was Jeremy who had been quiet the most. "The reason we've always been together was because most of us had no one to go back to, not in a welcoming one anyway." The air around them changed and I noticed there was a sense of unity between Class S, one I could never quite understand, "if Foax go, we'll go"

              The others nodded at him, and I blinked a few times in surprise, I knew they were good friends but this is more than friendship between them, this kind of loyalty and trust isn't normal, or rather different is the right word. The kind where you had share the same kind of past and secret, and Foax was their pillar of support.

           "Yeah, The S Force is here and ready to kick butt!"

...

           an awkward silence enveloped them then Rick began to burst out laughter that he had to hold his stomach as he rolled on the grass. Stanley lowered his raised hand toward his blushed, the others were confused while looking back between Stanley and Rick reaction while I had to face palm myself. I hope that name isn't going to stick.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chapter!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. errrr...... welcome back? so the story is unedit ka? maa~~ thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I binge read this in one day. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you that is reading made it this far sorry to tell you that this site is dead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! Sorry and please elaborate on that. :-: my poor heart is breaking

      Delete
    2. What?! Sorry and please elaborate on that. :-: my poor heart is breaking

      Delete
    3. Look at the release date of the post

      Delete