Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Chapter 54: S Class Secret


“Care to explain things?” asked Prof. Dalton. I was standing in front of him with both my hands clutching my shirt. My face was a mix between being nervous and guilty. In truth, there was nothing I did wrong but I can’t deny of things happening as they are.
                “I’ve only intended to cheer him up but I never encourage him to be a HACKER!”
     “You did give him the idea though”
                “Not to be a hacker!”
                Indeed I have no idea how my encouragement had help him gave the idea of being a hacker. Heck, should a child that age know what it is to begin with? All the adults were stiffen from his announcement. I tried asking him why he would want to be hacker of all things and he answered, “Because wouldn’t it be cool illegally steal information to save people, like a dark hero?”
                I didn’t quite understand what he meant by ‘dark hero’ but I’m sure that he’s misunderstanding it's meaning. The other professors were still speechless. In the end, we were both lectured softly about the bad things on hacking, why I had to join in as well I’m still not sure. However, Prof. Dalton had kindly took me away and kindly continuing my lecture 
                “Prof. Dalton, when I talked with Dean, he mentioned something about his dad, what was he talking about?” I thought it was a pointless attempt in changing the subject elsewhere. Oddly enough, he answered without much hesitation. “Dean lived together with his mother just the two of them, her mother conceived him accidently after a one night experience”
                Hmm, am I supposed to retort? I think I should but something is off about this.
                 “Dean was only seven and he started to miss his father. Since his mom didn’t know who he was either so he tried searching for him in the net for clues. Somehow or another he did find him, and succeed on contacting him. By calling a classified number of one of the CIA branch HQ. IT is also the reason why he’s in the S Class despite not having any sort of disability.”
                Certainly what Dean had did would cause an uproar. I can imagine how one of the personnel from the HQ, doing his business when an unknown number called and asked ‘Hello, is this the CIA? I’m looking for my father since he is a part in the intelligence division, can you call out to him. Oh, if he’s busy then can I leave a message?' If it were me, I’d be speechless, no wonder he said all those things at the janitor’s room.
                “Wait, why am I telling you all this?”
                Don’t ask me, I’m just as confused as you are. Normally he would keep his mouth shut when it comes to something personal.
                “Anyway, that’s all for today, so go back to your usual classroom.”
                “Yes sir.”

#

Another few days passed and I began to know more of the kids in S Class.
                Kenny, who can stretch his body a miles away.
                Alvin, who could produce electricity.
                Morra, who can control the growth of plants.
                There were more than them that I haven’t met, but in total there are only 14 people in S Class, and most of them were quite….unique people. If I say it another way then most of them pissed me off though. Certainly they hardly have any attention on getting along with others outside of their class. Though after frequently coming to S Class, they warmed up to me a little. I think.
                I said they don’t get along well with strangers, but after spending time, I knew they aren’t bad at heart. Well, they’re kids so I guess they couldn’t be that bad. I do notice they were watch over with each other like a family. The look in their eyes and their speech would made an obvious change when dealing with one another. They would laugh and they fight like what friends normally would.
                They still haven’t accepted me much, but I thought getting to know them all wouldn’t be so bad.
                Now, I don’t know if I could think the same way as then.
                It happened when I plan to sneak into S Class without Prof. Dalton watching over me for once. They might try to kick me out, but I thought it was worth to see how they were doing. When I opened the door to their class, I was greeted by the sound of slapping that echoed the room. It took me by surprise so I flinched, then I tried to grasp what the scene in front of me was telling.
                Carol was on the floor, feeling her stinging cheeks
                A man in his 30s, one of the researchers probably, was wearing a furious face at her.
                The rest of the class looked at them indifferently as if it wasn’t something to be surprised.
                What caught my attention the most, was the silent figure of Foax sitting at the back of his sit. To others he might not look like he cared much, but when I looked at his eyes. There was a straightforward expression he made.
                Anger.
                “You little b!$3h! Is that how you talk to your elder!” he was about to grasp on her, thinking it was bad I hurry grab on his arm to stop him. “What are you doing?!”
“That should be my question, should an adult even try hitting a kid?!”
“Shut up brat, this is none of your concern.”
“It Is! Even if it’s temporary, I am part of the S Class now so I can have a say in this if I want!”
I looked at his name tag curiously, his name was Evan Lockwood. If I’m not mistaken, isn’t he supposed to be Carol’s supervisor? I wasn’t interested much on who he is so I turned and tak a look at Carol’s cheek. It was bright red, but it seemed he had held back or else she would been bleeding somewhere by now.
“You’re being a busybody”
“I like being a busybody. Come on, let’s take you to the nurse office”
“She’s not going anywhere yet until I disciplined her!”
“What sort of disciplined does one resort to violence!”
 “She had that coming when she doesn’t know the lines that shouldn’t be cross!”
I agree.
Someone had cut in the two of us, I knew that voice that resounds in my head belong to none other than Foax. Before we realized it, he had been standing at our side as we bicker. “Coming to save your little friend? Since you little monster are so chummy, you should warn each other what happens when you anger adults!”
Prof. Lockwood, I’m guessing that you don’t work here for very too long, have you?
Lockwood raised an eyebrow at the sudden out of the topic question, his emotion diminished a little and he answered him. “I’ve been transferred here 3 months ago since the last supervisor of that girl got into an accident, why?”  
After that, even though I might have mistaken. I was sure that for split second, he had chuckled. Carol made a grab at my shirt, her face was pale almost as if she was afraid but hesitant to say anything. “No…please stop J…” that was her small whisper. I looked around my surrounding and the others also had a pale regretful face. What is going on?
Ah I see, I’m guessing no one told you what really happen. I kind of pity you.
“HA! You brat also want to pick a fight with adult do you?” Lockwood emotion began to rise once more, he began to walk toward the wall to his side. “Let me remind you brats that the real reason you’re here is because you and your power don’t belong in society!” he kept on walking away from us as he expressed his disdain, there was a sudden bad feeling welling up on me as I saw him opening the class’s window. “You all might think you’re special just as this class were made for you, but don’t you forget that you don’t belong anywhere so you should be good and listen to what others tell you!”, after that last word, Lockwood began to climb up and then…..
“STOP!” I screamed at him but it was too late, he jumped out of the window and fell. It was followed by a sound of someone screaming from outside, and the sound of people gathering becoming clearer. Only this room stayed silent as it is.
It happened so suddenly, I wasn’t sure if what I saw was true. Why did he suddenly jumped out? He talks trash at us but he kept walking toward the window and jumped without even a hint of hesitation. As if he had planned this all along. It was only a hunch, but I look at Foax who was looking at the window where he jumped. He noticed me looking and so I asked what just happened.
Don’t worry, this is only the second floor, he won’t die from this height.
That’s not what I’m asking. I’m asking what happe—what did you do?”
 I just ask him to fall that’s all.
“No…way…you’re joking right, isn’t this going too far?!”
Say what you like, but this isn't my decision, it's ours. Since your a part of it, your fate should be clear by now if you or anyone dare to harm us.
“Don’t talk lightly about fate! No matter how you look at it, your just forcing your own judgement on him! How could anyone....any of you agree to this!
I looked around and saw how the kids of S Class just stayed silent. Their expression told me everything that they didn’t choose this way, yet why doesn’t anyone stop him then?
Claudia
It was the second time he called my name, but this time he called me as if he had acknowledge me for the first time and I felt a deep nostalgic feeling when he did. He look into my eyes and I look into his. Thank you, for covering Carol back then. I watched over you this past few days and I know you’re different to the other people outside this class. He let out his hand to me, and with a smile, a sincere smile that I never thought he would show to me.
Welcome to S Class.
A disturbing feeling welled up on my chest. It was like a force in my subconscious urging me to accept him. Even though I don’t agree in his method, even though I don’t want to be a part of this. My hand moved on its own and shake is outstretched hand. It was also then that I’m convinced who he was in my past life.
Just like that time, he outstretched his hand to me so I could be a part on his pack. A pack of misfit who strive to be who they are. He pulled them in, he protects them, and had never let anyone gone against him. Because everyone follows him without talking back. No one realized the mistakes he did for our sake, and everything became lost. 
Is he, like the past, going to take all the responsibilities for himself? Is he going to drag himself to a choice he can't choose. Now that I know who he was, I can’t let him repeat the past, I won’t let it happen.
If that happens Merlin, this time, in this life. I WILL save you. 

<<<PREVIOUS CHAPTER                                             NEXT CHAPTER>>>


5 comments:

  1. Cant think of a comment for this so im gonna try in the next chaptet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it my imagination or I see 4 new chapters? thank for the chapter!!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. -What caught my attention the most, was the silent figure of Foax sitting at the back of his sit.
    seat

    That researcher should be fired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u always for ur great work...
    ^^...

    So, a mind controler huh...
    @.@...

    ReplyDelete