Saturday, August 1, 2015

Chapter 24: Esper VS Magician


Who would have thought I would resort to my trump card so soon. All though I have many Black Bombs in store (a name I made because of the black orb that came out and destroy its surrounding like a bomb, yes I’m not that creative in names), the one in my mouth was something I hid for emergencies. 
          Still, my heart ache when I had to use magic stone so soon. It's only a stone containing my mana, but making it is really tough! Do you know the countless times the stone I used to inject my own mana only to have it crumble? If I kept the crumbled stone I've gained so far, it's enough to build a sand box. 
       Also, with just writing a magic circle you could use it anytime, perfect for creating traps. 
        That's why, I'm sure he would never imagine an outburst of my Black Bombs from where he stood. However, after eight years of peace I might have gone rusty.  
         In a slight panic state, I had invoked all the bombs in his area without regard.The man who should have had no way to escape from it disappeared from sight. I look to my left and right and even behind when I noticed the odd shadow on the floor. I look up to see him hanging on to a loose lamp. To think I have forgotten his escaping ability, but with this, I'm positive he has teleportation.
          I clicked my tongue and thought what a waste of stone. I have to make sure he pays for that! He let himself fall to the ground and became a lot more cautious. Off course he would, not knowing if there was any more trap around, he couldn't carelessly approach me. 
           Ha! Do you think you have time to be cautious? 
           I had already finished chanting, since he had morphing ability, I'm sure he would use blade weapons, then I know a perfect way to sealed that. 
            From beneath my feet, icicle came slowly spreading the whole floor. The temperature decreased rapidly, white smog came out from our breaths, and the area had a dense fog last if we've been put in a refrigerator. 
        It seemed he hadn't quite catch why I used the spell. After he wiped off his stupidly surprised look, he came up to me with his dagger turning into a giant sword in one hand. This guy has ridiculous strength swinging it with one hand (well, the sword is his hand though). 
         I easily dodged it and looked up to him that began to realize, the numbness that started to spread from his arm. Because the spell I made with my own mana, the spell wouldn't have any effect with me, but I knew the room's temperature kept sinking. That's why for someone who has Morphing Ability and specialize in metal weapons, getting frostbite would be their worst nightmare.
       Well, if he switched into a non-metal weapon it would all be for naught, but that's only the first of the three things I'm aiming from this magic.
        He made a gap from his stance because of the burden his weapon was turning, I aim a kick to his gut. Maybe because he underestimate my childish body or maybe he noticed my sloppy technique, he didn't resist much when he took my kick, I only made a guess but thank God he reacted as I had expected, even I knew my kick was easy enough to dodge just by anyone. I'm sure he's regretting now after he was sent flying and spurting blood from his mouth.
         Do you think I went and fight an adult without reinforcing my body who hasn't hit puberty?
          After getting a hit, I had already finished another chant. Another barrage of Wind Arrows came at him, he teleported again before the arrow hit them. Seriously, this guy is really fast escaping, I should have known from his assassination business. He might not be good at facing off an opponent, no... it's possible he's average, but he's escaping and sneaking ability is top notch.
          That's when my spell came into action. A special technique that can be used when using a wide area of effect spell is that as long as it's in effect, you'd be able to recognize your surrounding, without using a cloaking spell, hiding from me is useless.
          I was too late to react though.
         It was luck that I had turned behind, shifting my position and had my shoulder grazed by something flying at me in high speed passing by. I only saw just a glimpse but I knew he had changed his weapon into firearms. Wait, how did he get the bullets?
            Morphing Ability could turn turn the user's body parts into any weapon, but bullets are a separate things. Even if one's body could turn into it, shooting such thing is like shooting out your nails and teeth from it.
             Well, he did carry a pouch with him, and if his Teleportation Ability could teleport tools, then he might as well could instantly refill his bullets. all though firearm made from Morphing are unique, you would feel your whole body burning from the energy spend on rapid firing is what an acquaintance told me. that's why they aren't well used. However, it might not be a bad choice in this situation.
               While I was looking at one side, I felt his presence disappeared and an intense pain as a bullet came past my arm. I shift my focus to where it came from but he had already disappeared again and felt a stinging pain grazed my temple. That was dangerous, he almost hit my eye!
                  However, this is bad. To think he would take advantage the low visibility caused by my spell, and shooting from every direction with his ability. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but damn he's annoying.
               Though if it were easy, he wouldn't be able to satisfy my anger!
                Let's see..... what spell should I used next? I might not have realize it, but a threatening smile had plastered on my face, just like a child excited with their new toy.
               First I made an air barrier around me, sadly my mana isn't enough to make a full proof barrier so this barrier is only used to slow down the bullets before it hits me. Next, I took out (reluctantly) another magic stone with different symbol on them. The next step is to make sure I spot him. Bullets kept coming suddenly at me with irregular interval which makes it hard to pinpoint him, and I don't want to do something like enduring bullet wounds to wait for him at one spot, only a muscle head would do that.
               Instead I reuse the mana on the spell to manipulate the fog, since it's also hard for him to see me, let's make use of my shadow and have him misfired. I then examined where the bullets came from to predict where he was. It paid off fast and immediately I had thrown the stone at him which turn into a light spear headed toward him.
                Before he knew what hit him, four spears had pin him to the ground. I was expecting him to teleport but he didn't, was it because the pain hinder his concentration or because I use magic? Either way, now that I had him where I want. It's time to finish him...... is what I'd like to do, but hearing him doing works for a client won't let me at ease if I don't know who he's working for.
                At first he was yelling in pain that gave my ear a ringing, then after he got used to it for only a while, his hand had taken something from the pouch.
                  It was a needle.
                  No, not a sewing needle, but those needle a doctor would use. again I was late to realize (Is my reaction time slower?) he had strength to move his free left arm and used the needle toward his neck. I was surprised what he was doing but then his eyes became bloodshot red. Because it looked creepy I moved away from his line of sight before a red beam from his eyes came at me. I followed his line of sight and saw the ice covering the floor melted along with concrete floor.
                   EEEEHHHHHHH? Laser Beam..... you've got to be kidding me!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for chapter 24, sorry it's late, thinking up battle plot is hard :(

I would also like to add a fun fact about Shape shifting in Claudia's world. Since explaining every skill here would just hinder the plot of the arc, I want to talk about it in this corner.

First about Shape shifting is just as the name says the ability to change the shape of the face or the body's structure. Those who could only change s/he face is considered Rank 3, and being able to change their whole body structure and face is Rank 4.

Next, it's possible for Shape shifting to evolve into two different branch. One is Animal shifting where one not only could shape shift into a complete animal but also to turn or add parts of their body into an animal. Like getting bat wings to fly, or having suckers to walk on walls, or getting a kangaroo legs. Second is I'm sure you realize, is Morphing which is to change parts of their body into inorganic materials. those two are both Rank 5 ability, which is a rare and hard ability to master.

So in a few words, it's a branch to change the structure of the body to organic or inorganic shape. 

 <<<PREVIOUS CHAPTER                                                                           NEXT CHAPTER>>>



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chapter!
    Corrections:
    -He let himself fall to the ground and became a lot more caution.
    He let himself fall to the ground and became a lot more cautious.
    -my shoulder grazed by something flying in high speed passed by me.
    my shoulder grazed by something flying at high speed passing by me.
    -I don't want to do something like enduring bullet wounds to wait for him for one spot,
    I don't want to do something like enduring bullet wounds to wait for him at one spot,

    I think I saw a couple more but it's 3AM here and I'm going to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geh, soo many typos, I shouldn't had an all nighter. Anyway, it's fix soo thanks

      Delete
  2. I love the story, thanks for the chapter XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. And then rank 6, which I know is technically non-existent but I add it anyway as a rank for an unique ability made from the magical lands that is my over-reactive imagination which I'm having but I digress, about the ability to morph, at rank 6 it would be changing your body into different types of matter like solid, liquid, gas, and plasma. At rank 7 you successfully mastered the ability to manipulate yourself in any of the matter types with the hardest being plasma, if you could manipulate yourself even in plasma matter then the possibility of making laser swords isn't out of reach ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°).

    Sorry, I just had to get this idea out of my mind and share it to you who has made me imagine as such (つ -‘ _ ‘- )つ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u always for ur great work...
    ^^...

    ReplyDelete