Monday, September 21, 2015

Chapter 37: Internet Spirit, Zilla


"Claudia, is there something bothering you?" Mother asked me with a worried tone. 
            The time is Friday night, was it out of concern for me, who's been listless lately? Mother had drag father and the rest out to eat at a high class restaurant that's been the talk of the city.  Aren't I suppose to be grounded?
            However, even after eating on a boat where we could fill our eyes with the view of the ocean at night, breathing in the cold salty breeze that tingle the lungs. The night sky was pitch black except for the red eclipse moon hovering over the earth. To top it off, the sound of classical music accompanied by the sound of waves that seems to soothe the soul. 
           With seafood served, which is also my favorite kind of food, adding the fact it was three star restaurant, there should be no reason for me not to be feeling satisfied. 
            Sadly, with Lora's situation weighing on my mind, I barely have any appetite to touch my food. My mother didn't try to pry further when I wasn't in the mood to answer her. I always appreciate her kind and patient nature at this kind of time. Even knowing that, I can't help but to pent up my thoughts from her. 
            What a waste that I couldn't enjoy dinner now of all times. "Claudia, you know it's a rare occasion that we get to eat out like this, don't you know it's rude to show dissatisfaction like that" said Karen like it's a matter of fact.
           "I'm not dissatisfied!" 
           "Then you shouldn't show it, on your expression, your face gives the food a bad taste."
            "Karen, that's enough!"
            Karen didn't say anymore after father's remark. However, it's true that I'm being rude to my parents by not enjoying the meal they took the trouble of getting us when I mulled alone my own problem without giving any clues to them. That's why, in a rush, I ate my Clam Spaghetti as fast a I could a if to show my will on eating it, but ended up choking up in the middle. 
            I drank the water Beth offered to me when the TV turned on suddenly and interrupted the music with a news flash. Almost everyone turned their eyes toward the screen. 
              "We interrupted this program to give you this news, senior Jason Omala has officially announced his candidacy for the president seat at the press conference just now."
               There were many reactions that filled the small boat, some smiled at the news, some didn't look too happy about it, and most were indifferent about it. I however, might be the only one to have an astonished look, that's because the one being shown at the conference is the man who showed himself several times on the photos I looked into yesterday. 
            Not only that, according to the news, from where he had stand, he worked together with Lora's father before. Now I don't know what you might be thinking, but my instinct told me there's something way deeper lies in this case. Something like a new motivation build up inside me, at last another clue was put in place. I knew what my next step should be so I was able to at least enjoy my dessert with a bit of comfort. 
#
That's what I thought but I forgot I was banned from the internet. Even though I plan to look more information for Jason Omala, I can't just wait for a week to pass for that. Even so, searching for general data wouldn't be enough if I want to dig up the past around 10 years ago, the same goes for Lora's father.  At times like this I wish I had one of those cool geeky sidekick that could get any information from the net. 
            My family looked at me weirdly on the way home, seeing I was in good spirit but back toward dispirited again. I'm sorry you have such a handful family member. When we got home, Galbraith greeted my father first with great excitement then came nuzzle up toward Karen. He then looked at me with eyes that were asking if it's okay to approach me. I heaved a small sigh before I smiled and asked him to come to me, which he did while licking at my face. 
            If only Hod wasn't inside of him I would have definitely laugh it off. 
            Although it's possible to summon him from the other side, it takes more time and mana to summon a spirit so a magician would always prepare a vessel to hide in, mostly in the form of pets. 
           Wait.....spirit.....summoning.......
            "That's right, why didn't I think of that before!" I subconsciously said it out loud, but without caring what my family thinks of me, I went back to my room in a rush. 
            That's right, I should have thought of this sooner, one of the good things about spirits is that you could make a named one! And there's one I'm dying to summon. As usual, I waited for midnight to come, the moon was on its full view and I smiled excitedly. For one reason, this spirit sounds ridiculous but technically not impossible to create. Galbraith was awake with a disturb look as he sat beside me. What? Are you jealous you're not going to be the only spirit here anymore?
            I spread out the magic circle and utter the chant that's similar but different when I summon Hod. I closed my eyes and pour mana at the circle, at the same time, imagining a fox with a blazing red tail....is what I want to imagined at first but thinking a firey spirit would not be a good idea for me, I changed my image to a blue fox with a lightning like tail with a body that sometimes glimmers with yellow light and black beady eyes that looks like pearl. I tried thinking of a name, and decided to take the name Zilla from Mozilla since it's cuter and I won't feel guilty about something like copyright. 
[I call upon the spirits from the end of shore, with my power, tear open the gate between, with my blood, trace your way to my side, with my words, pledge your service to me. I hereby name you Zilla, the Internet Spirit, take the form I gave you and release yourself.]
            There was a different kind of light shining from the circle, but I knew it was a good reaction, it just shows a spirit responding toward my call. The light started to concentrate at one spot where it then reveals the majestic creature I created on the spot. 
            I take on the form and the name you've given to me, my new master, would you be so kind to state your name?
            The spirit said as it wags its tail, damn it's so cute, I'm glad I made it small. I could cuddle it as well as have it do my job. Making it two birds in one stone!
           "My name is Claudia Robertson, please to meet you Zilla" I stretched out my hand to pet him, but the moment I barely touched him, I felt something zap me and sent my hand away on reflex. 
            Ah, Master, please do not touch me carelessly, because my form is made out of electricity, I would zap anything within my reach so do be careful
            There was a long pause between us, sure I did imagine him made out of electricity to make it look cooler, but to not able to touch or cuddle him because of that. 
             This might be....one of my biggest failure in life. 
-----------------------------------------------

I have revived!!!!!
Thank you my dearest readers for all your patient and concern. Especially my loyal readers. 
Also, I'm sorry if the politic aspect of this novel is vague since I'm not very knowledgable about how American's politic works. Even though it's an important aspect of this arc. 
That's why, I'll try my best on that research when I have the time. 
Hope you enjoy this chapter.


<<<PREVIOUS CHAPTER                                                                  NEXT CHAPTER>>>

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im the first yay! But since i was watching tv while reading this so i didnt understand a thing i'll have to re-read it later..... but after the show on the tv is over

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basically shadow organizations run by demons infest all political parties, providing ill gotton money for canidids to run with in exchange for thier souls. In order to keep a collar on these elected officials who would otherwise interphere in the organizations plans (pushing cigarettes, suppressing the poor, killing the planet) they are given cars, vacations, and more money as bribes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your input, that makes a good reference ^_^

      and that's an interesting way of putting it, when I read 'Basically shadow organizations run by demons infest all political parties' I imagined real demons with suits sitting in conference room, discussing how to wreck humanity (LOL)

      Delete
    2. | Here lies humanity | The Creation of Prophet Adam --- ??-?-????|

      Delete
  4. I think past tense would be better for these:
    there should be no reason for me not to be feeling satisfy.
    there should be no reason for me not to be feeling satisfied.
    "I'm not dissatisfy!"
    "I'm not dissatisfied!"

    BTW, glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank for the chapter!!!!! i'm glad you're feeling better XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank u always for ur great work...
    ^^...

    So that's where the name come from...
    XD...

    ReplyDelete